The Prince George Public Library is looking for a highly motivated people to fill a part-time contract position to assist Public Service staff in delivering Homework Help to children and teens in grades 3 to 12.
The Homework Help program is designed to help children achieve academic success and to support an enjoyment of learning. Tutors will help create a non-judgemental environment for children to learn. Tutors will also assist Public Service staff in serving the needs of newcomer populations in Prince George.
We are looking for:
• Knowledge of the current grades 3 – 12 curriculum
• Be enrolled in post-secondary studies or have already obtained a university degree with coursework in core subjects or education
• Tutoring experience an asset
• Experience in working with children and teens
• Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
• Good customer service skills
• Enthusiastic and positive
• Assist students in one-on-one or small group tutorial sessions in Math and English
• Aid students from grades 3 – 12 with specific homework assignments
• Identify students’ problem areas and create strategies to help them work on homework assignments
• Help students create a study plan for upcoming exams and assignments
The preferred candidate must be available Tuesdays and Thursdays after school for 3 hours. The start time is flexible. The contract will begin in February 2020 and finish on April 30, 2020 with the possibility of extension.
At the Prince George Public Library, we are proud of our record of innovation, leadership and service within our community and among libraries in British Columbia. We take our mission seriously, “To be the information Gateway to the North,” and celebrate the freedom to “Read, Learn and Discover.”
Are you the new Homework Help Tutor we are looking for?
Please send your detailed resume in confidence by January 24, 2020 at 5:00 pm to:
Prince George Public Library
888 Canada Games Way
Prince George BC, V2L 5T6
Applications are to be marked “Private and Confidential”. The Management Team thanks all applicants for their interest. Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
Your application must be true and correct. Disqualification or termination of employment will result if there are any misstatements or omissions of material facts in the application or hiring process.