Entrance Renovation Project
Update October 10th, 2019: In preparation for renovation of the circulation and checkout area, the Bob Harkins Branch will be closed from Monday October 28th through Friday November 1st. The Nechako Branch will be open usual hours during this period, except for Wednesday October 30th, when both branches will be closed for staff training.
For more information, please see this Frequently Asked Questions document.
Construction has begun on an improved entrance for the Bob Harkins Branch (downtown) that will make it easier for all patrons to access the building safely and easily. The library’s current entrances pose a challenge for many, including young families, people with disabilities, seniors, and staff. The new entrance will address these challenges.
The new entrance will feature:
• A two-door elevator providing access from the parking area, plaza level, main floor, and second floor.
• Improved stairs for access from the lower and plaza lobbies to the main floor.
• Windows to maximize natural light and sense of openness.
• Improved safety with better visibility/sightlines.
• Sliding glass or push button access.
• Enhanced accessible parking and drop off zone at parking level.
• Additional public space.
Library staff will update this page in the event of any anticipated service disruptions.
Questions can be directed to email@example.com.
For more information on the entrance renovation project, please visit the City of Prince George website.