Youth Advisory Board
The Youth Advisory Board (YAB) is a council of teens in grades 8 through 12 who assist in making the library more teen friendly. They advise, volunteer, plan events, promote the library to their peers, and more!
- Encourage teens to use the library.
- Assist local youth in accessing library materials and programs.
- Adapt the library to suit the needs of Prince George youth.
- Help humanize Prince George Public Library resources.
- Provide a youth perspective on literary and library needs.
- To be awesomely snazzy!
How to Apply
Who Are We Looking For?
- Youth in grades 8 through 12 (you must be 13 years old to apply).
- Youth who are interested in developing their leadership skills and who want to contribute to their community.
- Youth with all kinds of backgrounds and experiences.
What Will You Do?
- Help plan events.
- Provide input on library services, materials, and activities.
- Promote the library to others.
- Meet new people
- Commit to volunteering 4-8 hours per month.
Why Should You Apply?
- Gain leadership and volunteer experience.
- Contribute to your community.
- Have fun and meet new people
How Can You Apply?
The Youth Advisory Board recruits new members every August before the beginning of the school year. There are a limited number of spaces available and we are unfortunately not be able to accommodate all applicants. To apply for YAB:
- Download an application form (or pick one up from the Children's Information Desk at the Bob Harkins Branch).
- Complete the application.
- Return the completed application form to the Children's Information Desk at the Bob Harkins Branch.