The Prince George Public Library is looking for a dedicated, reliable and self-motivated Page (book shelver) for the Circulation, Youth and Adult areas. This is a unique position that can work around your schedule and pays above the minimum wage. Library Pages fill an important role in ensuring the collection stays tidy and in order.
We are looking for:
• Ability to file items alphabetically and numerically.
• Positive attitude and communication skills.
• Physically able to participate in extended periods of activity, including lifting heavy objects, walking, and standing, stooping, bending and carrying.
• Basic computer skills
• High level of self-motivation.
• Ability to work under supervision and independently.
• Availability to work a variety of shifts is a must including mornings, afternoons, evenings until 9:15 PM, and weekends. Please state which days and times you are available to work in your cover letter. Preference will be given to those who can work evening and weekends.
The Prince George Public Library:
• Has two branches
• Employs a dedicated staff of over 65 people
• Serves on average 1000 patrons a day
Wage: $15.99 per hour (approx. 12-16 hours a week)
Please send your detailed resume in confidence by Monday, August 15, 2022 at 5:00 p.m. to:
Prince George Public Library
888 Canada Games Way
Prince George BC, V2L 5T6
Applications are to be marked “Private and Confidential”. We thank all applicants for their interest. Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
Your application must be true and correct. Disqualification or termination of employment will result if there are any misstatements, omissions of material facts in the application or hiring process.