The Prince George Public Library is looking for a dedicated, reliable, and self-motivated individual that is willing to learn about all facets of work at a public library. They must also be willing to spend a significant amount of time at public service points engaging with customers to assist with their information needs while using the various services of the library. The position runs from November 2, 2020 to January 15, 2021.
Eligible candidates must be:
• Post-secondary students between the ages of 16 and 30.
• Canadian citizens or permanent residents entitled to work in Canada.
• Full-time students intending to return to full-time studies in autumn of 2020.
• Identify as a Visible Minority, Immigrant, or Indigenous person
We are looking for:
• Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
• Excellent technology skills, including standard computer programs such as word processing and internet research skills
• Superior public service attitude
• Physical ability to participate in extended periods of activity
• High level of motivation
• Ability to work under supervision or independently
• A valid Class 5 driver's license is preferred. The student may be given access to the library's outreach vehicle if they do not have their own.
Please send a detailed résumé in confidence by 5pm on October 1, 2020:
Prince George Public Library
888 Canada Games Way
Prince George, BC V2L 5T6
Applications are to be marked “Private and Confidential.” The Management Team thanks all applicants for their interest, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Your application must be true and correct. Disqualification or termination of employment will result if there are any misstatements or omissions of material facts in the application or hiring process.