The Visual Marketing Assistant is part of the dynamic environment of the Marketing and Communications department of the Prince George Public Library. Under the supervision of the Communications Coordinator, the Visual Marketing Assistant plans and delivers marketing and promotional materials on behalf of all other library departments for ongoing programming, special events, outreach and other library services. This position plays an important role in the visual identity of the library. Published deliverables include the annual report and the seasonal Library Guide. This position also assists in the regular uploading of marketing information to the library website and various social media accounts.
This position involves working with staff, management and the board on marketing of the library through public communications, promotions design, website development and maintenance, and a variety of special events and fundraising projects.
We are looking for:
• Two years minimum post-secondary training and/or professional experience in graphic design, with detailed knowledge of the Adobe CS5 programs suite and Microsoft Office programs (Word, Publisher, Excel). Familiarity with Drupal would be a further asset.
• Familiarity with video editing and Adobe Premiere Rush would be an asset.
• Post-secondary education or equivalent professional experience in marketing
• Excellent English skills in writing and editing
• Ability to work under and meet tight deadlines with staff and management, individually and within groups, on multiple and simultaneous communications and marketing efforts that support the library’s image.
• Excellent verbal communication and interpersonal skills
• Ability to quickly design and prepare promotional materials for print and website purposes
• Good working knowledge of database management
• Ability to set priorities and meet deadlines
• Good working knowledge of library procedures, policies, programs and materials
• Good working knowledge of marketing and fundraising methods and procedures
• Ability to work in a creative manner, to look for alternative solutions to problems, and to organize work and service effectively
At the Prince George Public Library, we are proud of our record of innovation, leadership and service within our community and among libraries in British Columbia. We are guided by our mission “to connect people and ideas, inspiring the community to read, learn and discover.”
Are you the new Visual Marketing Assistant we are looking for?
Please send your detailed resume, with three examples of your design work, in confidence by September 25th, 2020 at 5:00pm to:
Prince George Public Library
888 Canada Games Way
Prince George BC, V2L 5T6
Applications are to be marked “Private and Confidential”. The Management Team thanks all applicants for their interest. Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
Your application must be true and correct. Disqualification or termination of employment will result if there are any misstatements or omissions of material facts in the application or hiring process.