The Prince George Public Library is seeking a dedicated, reliable, and self-motivated individual to support and develop a variety of community projects and services alongside the Library’s Programming and Community Engagement team. This will include assisting with summer programs, including the Library’s Summer Reading Program and Downtown Walking Tour, supporting the Home Service delivery program, providing customer service support, and participating in various summer outreach opportunities within the community. This position runs from May 16th, 2022 until September 2nd, 2022.
• a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident, or have refugee status in Canada (non-Canadians holding temporary work visas or awaiting permanent status are not eligible);
• legally entitled to work in Canada;
• between 16 and 30 years of age at the start of employment;
• willing to commit to the full duration of the work assignment;
• will not have another full-time job (over 30 hours a week) while employed with the program;
• have been a high school, college, CEGEP or university student (as defined by your educational institution) in the semester preceding the YCW work assignment; and
• intend to return to studies during or after the YCW work assignment.